Share | 

Redo A Fight Scene

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Last Talosborn
The Son
The Son

PostSubject: Redo A Fight Scene   Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:15 pm

Pick any fight scene you want that you weren't happy with and describe what you would have done differently. Add or subtract characters, change up the setting, the leading-up plot, the motivations of the characters, the outcome, or just remove some stupid crap that doesn't belong.

The Father

PostSubject: Re: Redo A Fight Scene   Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:28 pm

Oh, this'll be fun, though I'll probably just write the fight scenes myself instead of describing how to make them better.

I've actually written quite a few fight scenes; hell, I was writing one for Revan and Malak a while back.  Though I went overboard with the wank on that one, honestly I think if I did it now it'd be much better.

ComicVine Forums (LS)

PostSubject: Re: Redo A Fight Scene   Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:19 am

I'd rather Luke have a final confrontation with Jacen than Jaina, to be honest, but yeah, there's endless possibilities. I also think Revan and the Exile and similar characters have a lot of potential.
Back to top Go down
Aurbere
The Daughter
The Daughter

PostSubject: Re: Redo A Fight Scene   Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:03 pm

Honestly, I would redo the Mace/Kenobi/Aayla/Tiplee vs Maul/Dooku fight in Son of Dathomir. I would drop Aayla and Tiplee, pit Maul against Kenobi, and pit Dooku against Mace. Mostly I would do this so we get a proper Mace vs Dooku fight in canon with an actual resolution.

And Maul vs Kenobi is just because Maul and Kenobi have beefs with each other.

ComicVine Forums (LS)

PostSubject: Re: Redo A Fight Scene   Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:28 am

I think an actual confrontation between Hego Damask and Palpatine would have been great. The way it was done in the novel is obviously as good as it gets with the imposed restriction of "Plagueis being in his sleep", but an actual duel would be fabulous.

Plo Koon vs Savage was a pretty poorly done duel, too many interferences. The SoD duels had to be done in greater detail/length as well. I mean, there was a chance for us to get a proper Mace vs Dooku and Maul vs Grievous fight, but it was blown because "there wasn't enough time and space", but let's be honest - there's no point in building up tension for something if it only lasts several panels. We almost never had a conclusive victor in all the "anticipated" battles, because they were too short and involved distractions (which are probably why the end, or via BFR).

The DE duels with Luke and Palpatine were supposed to be intense, and I suppose it does sort of rack up that feeling in you, but the fights were way too brief.

I'd actually want to see a proper Dooku vs Mace, if not the one in SoD (I can't believe they had Mace attack Maul instead of Dooku, and Obi-Wan attacking Dooku instead of Maul) then the one in Obsession.
Back to top Go down
Georgie
The Father
The Father

PostSubject: Re: Redo A Fight Scene   Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:16 pm

A battle between Plagueis and Palpatine would be cool, but would also be... wrong. In fact, they already did way too much, seriously. Just zap him in his sleep.

I think Koon vs Savage was alright, tbh, aside from the odd art.

The Daughter

PostSubject: Re: Redo A Fight Scene   Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:21 pm

Eh, I would have preferred if Plo vs Savage was more pure. I agree with Moonraker when he says that there were too many interferences in the duel. The artwork was also rather poor, imo.

The Son

PostSubject: Re: Redo A Fight Scene   Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:14 pm

I think I would redo the Tatsu vs Savage fight by subbing in Plo in for Tatsu.

PostSubject: Re: Redo A Fight Scene   

Back to top Go down

Redo A Fight Scene
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1